Sunday 14 January 2018

Graphic Shakespeare Competition 2018

A couple of years ago, I entered the inaugural Graphic Shakespeare Competition. While I didn't win, it was a lot of fun to take part in and so I really wanted to enter again this year. The initial deadline of 31 December 2017 came and went, and I hadn't managed to get anything done, but fortunately the deadline was extended to the 15 January 2018, and after the excesses of Christmas and New Years, I sat down to put something together.

Being slighty tight on time, I decided to adapt an earlier Shakespeare-themed comic that I'd put together a few years ago featuring a penguin making a series of unexpected cameos in Shakespeare's Hamlet. I expanded on my initial strips to make a slightly longer work for the competition.

(Click to enlarge)


I'm happy with the end result and have a bunch of other penguin-related Shakespeare strips jotted down in my sketchbook now, which I'd like to do something with someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment