Sunday 7 January 2018

Blog-Me-Do Part 8: Odds and Ends

I'm coming to the end of my 2017 catch-up blogs and this last one is a bunch of random drawings I drew last year that didn't really fit in with any of my previous posts.

News hit late last year that Jodie Whittaker was going to play the first female Doctor Who, which caused a lot of debate (to put it nicely) online. It also gave me the idea for this drawing, based on the famous Rosie the Riveter poster from the 1940s:


The new Thor movie, Thor Ragnarok, hit cinemas towards the end of 2017. If you'd asked me about this film at the start of the year, it wasn't even on my radar, but fast-forward to after the first trailer showed up online and this film jumped straight to the top of my must-see list! The trailer had all the energy, action and humour that were missing from the previous Thor films, and they dynamic between Thor and The Hulk looked like being a real highlight. In particular, one line, Thor's line "He's a friend from work" about The Hulk, led to me scribbling down this little cartoon:


Aside from a PS1 when I was a teenager, my videogames taste has always been almost exclusively Nintendo-orientated from the NES to the SNES and N64, right up to the Wii, the slight hiccup that was the Wii U, and now the amazing Nintendo Switch, which I love. Anyway, during the summer, me and my brother swapped consoles so he could play Breath Of The Wild and I could play The Last Guardian on his PS4. I really loved it and drew this picture of Trico:


Here's a robot I drew in 2017:


Apropos of nothing, here's a picture of The Simpsons:


Finally, towards the end of 2017, I took part in The House of Illustrations' Illustrators' Christmas Fair in Kings Cross and designed this flyer to promote the event:


And that brings me to the end of my 2017 catch-up blogs. I've now managed to post all of the drawings I hadn't already posted from last year. I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep more on top of posting images as I produce them in 2018, but let's see...

No comments:

Post a Comment