Sunday 30 March 2014

Holy Birthday Batman!

2014 is the 75th Anniversary of Batman's first appearance in Detective Comics #27, but more specifically March 30, 1937 is the date of publication of Detective Comics #27 as listed by the Library of Congress Copyright Office's Catalog of Copyright Entries for Periodicals. Which makes today Batman's 75th birthday!

To celebrate, I decided to do a quick sketch of the grim and gritty Batman from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns...



It was fun to play around with a brush pen and work in a looser style than I normally use.

--UPDATED 01/04/14--

After I posted my drawing on Twitter and @JSZorg tweeted me saying "draw Carrie now! #THEDARKSHINNRETUNRS", I decided that the female Robin from The Dark Knight Returns, Carrie Kelley would work well in contrast to the bulky form of Batman, so added her in to the image...

No comments:

Post a Comment