Monday 8 December 2014

Birthdays: Triple Deluxe

On Saturday my friends Anna, Lauren and Jess had a joint party to celebrate their birthdays. Which meant that I had three cards to draw!

I met Lauren through various events at Gosh! Comics and one of her favourite comics is the current run of Hawkeye from Marvel Comics, written by Matt Fraction with art by David Aja and Annie Wu. So I drew a picture of Lauren reading the first volume of Hawkeye...



For my friend Anna, I drew her as a 50ft woman stepping on a lizard. Because reasons...



And last, but not least, for Jess I continued the theme of the card I made for her last year, by re-creating another Hanson album cover, this time "Snowed In"...





Before I met Jess, I didn't realise that Hanson had more than one song, let alone multiple albums, but it seems that now I have consigned myself to drawing her a Hanson-themed birthday card year after year... Sometimes I really shouldn't start something in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment