Monday 7 January 2013

Gangster Squad #sketchathon

I was doing some work this afternoon with my laptop on in the background, when I saw a tweet about the latest Sketchathon brief from Little White Lies magazine (@LWLies) - to draw any character from the upcoming film Gangster Squad, with the winning sketch receiving two tickets to see the film. As I hadn't properly started what I was already working on, I decided to drop what I was doing and give it a go!

I decided to draw Grace Faraday (played by Emma Stone, who was also Gwen Stacy in the recent Amazing Spider-man reboot). After a few failed attempts which didn't quite capture her look, I was finally happy with this attempt which I drew using a brush pen and then scanned and added some limited colour in Photoshop, and finished just a few minutes before the deadline!



The winner will be announced tomorrow. Let's see... But I enjoyed it as a drawing exercise, whatever the result. I was quite pleased with the results I achieved by drawing with the brush pen, which I've struggled with in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment