Monday 22 October 2012

The Sketchbook Project London: The Movie

So last week The Sketchbook Project 2012 was on tour in London at Canada Water Library. I popped along to have a look at the sketchbooks of some of my friends that had taken part, as well as to sample some of other books in the collection...



On one of the days I was there, there was a guy with a camera filming and I didn't think much of it until he came over and asked whether anyone had taken part in the project, at which point I, rather sheepishly, put my hand up and said that I had. And the next thing I knew, I was being miked up and taking part in a short interview.

The "guy with a camera" was Felix Gonzales of You And I Films - a freelance media and video production co-op linking the creative to environmental and social issues - and he'd heard about the project and decided to come along and make a short film about it. Here's a photo of me mid-interview (courtesy of Miriam Sugranyes)...



And here's the full eight minute video, featuring interviews with various members of the traveling Sketchbook Project team who worked really hard to help everyone see as many books as possible during the brief stop over in London, as well as a few words from me around the 05:45 mark...

The Sketchbook Project, London 2012 from You and I Films on Vimeo.

1 comment: