Sunday 9 October 2011

i's Cartoonist Idol Competition

A friend of mine told me about a competition being run by i newspaper – a spin-off from The Independent – to find new cartoonists to feature in the paper either daily or weekly. The competition is open to a variety of different styles and the entries could take the form of a pocket cartoon, cartoon strip or large-format single image piece.

I wanted to work on a cartoon strip, and so came up with three examples featuring two characters that I came up with around ten years ago: Doug The Dog and his friend Joe.




The deadline for entries is tomorrow, so hopefully I'll hear soon about the result. I'm also rushing to finish my entry for another comic competition by the end of the week, so I'll be posting the finished result of that one very soon...

Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment