Monday 22 August 2011

Old Skool Scribbling: Episode IV - A Scanner Darko

Okay, so this is the last of these retro-themed blog posts for today, although I do have a few other bits and pieces that I want to share.

I really liked the 2001 film Donnie Darko, starring Jake Gyllenhaal as the titular character, who goes out sleep walking, meets a demonic-looking rabbit called Frank who tells him that the world will end in 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds, and returns home the next morning to discover that a jet engine has crashed through his bedroom. As you do!

I drew this picture imagining what Donnie Darko would be like if it was a Looney Tunes cartoon...



When I found this drawing in my sketchbook, I actually had all the different parts – the individual characters and items, and the background – drawn seperately. So scanned them and pasted it all together in Photoshop, as I must have originally intended to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment