Monday 1 August 2011

My First Sleeping Beauty

I spotted a competition online to create a poster for the English National Ballet's performance of My First Sleeping Beauty, the first in a series of classic ballets for children, which will tour the UK in 2012. I was scribbling down some ideas, and came up with this image of a sleeping ballerina, happily dreaming, but continuing to dance. How professional! ...



The chosen poster design will have extra information added to it, including performance dates and times, and company logos, so I decided to keep it quite minimal and not include too much superfluous detail.

The winning entry will be chosen by the English National Ballet along with cartoonist and illustrator Gerald Scarfe on the 21 September. There will also be an online vote from 1–7 September, with the top voted entries given special consideration during the final selection.

So if you like my image, please head over to the talenthouse website and cast your vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment