Monday 25 July 2011

"I'm a god. I'm not THE God... I don't think."

I've been spending the last few days updating my website, adding some new images to my portfolio and revising some of the sections, and have finally finished!

You can view the results over at paulshinndraws.com.

One section I wanted to revise was the Contact section. Given how important the presence of social media sites has become to publicising my work, I wanted to add details of my Twitter and Facebook profiles.

I also wanted to include a new illustration to the Contact page and after scribbling down some ideas, eventually came up with this...



Now obviously the composition is based on Michelangelo's The Creation of Adam from the Sistine Chapel ceiling, but it was only when I had already started drawing the picture that I suddenly realised that I was drawing myself in the position of God...



I would just like to point out that I was in no way suggesting that I'm like God.

Still, I guess we do both have beards...

4 comments:

  1. Although you don't sit on a load of people unlike some people. Well some beings.,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. I'd much rather sit on a comfy sofa. Much nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul, you have a tail?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. It's a scarf that I'm sitting on! :-P

    ReplyDelete