Friday 15 July 2011

Happy Birthday Mum!

Today is my Mum's birthday. And as she is now 64 years old, I drew her a card based on The Beatles song "When I'm Sixty-Four"...



(I should probably point out that my Mum is not actually bald or an alchoholic. And she's normally tucked up in bed by quarter to three. But I did make her a cake!)

Despite the fact that she is now 64, my Mum isn't one for playing bingo and shouting at buses (or whatever it is old people normally do...).

She is a big fan of Doctor Who, and is old enough to have watched it from when it first started back in November 1963. So for her birthday I drew a picture of my Mum alongside the current Doctor Who, about to take on various bad guys from the show, and got it printed and framed...



Happy Birthday Mum! :-)

------------------------------------------------

Oh, and as a little bit of a DVD-style bonus feature, here's my initial thumbnail sketch I produced for the drawing. I was pleased of the fact that I managed to capture the idea on my first attempt...

3 comments:

  1. I look like your mum in the first frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 17, 2011

    nice .. well done Paulie..
    A.Eau

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so sweet! I wanna be your mum and get those lovely things, but don't wanna be bold. (sorry Tom! :P )

    ReplyDelete