Tuesday 23 December 2008

Cover Versions

So I've entered the 2009 V&A Student Illustrator Awards. I had to submit three images of my own work, from my own selected brief. I decided to enter the images I produced for our course-led exhibition at college a few weeks ago. The subject was Cover, with the only stipulation being that the work must be exactly 12x12cm in size. I decided to interpret the subject to produce a series of "cover versions" of famous album "covers", and produced two pieces based on Nirvana's Nevermind, and The Beatles' Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, both highly iconic covers that regularly feature on lists of The Best Album Covers Of All Time.

For the competition, I produced a third piece, this time taking my inspiration from Blondie's Parallel Lines. I also slightly reworked my two earlier pieces. The deadline for the competition is 31 December and the 1st Prize is £2,000 ...and a trophy!







And just for any of you that may not know the original covers...

No comments:

Post a Comment